Website Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today. Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe.
Read more about Greenlight Planet here
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Developing and executing predictive models and advanced analytics.
- Machine learning, predictive analytics, data mining, advanced analytics, statistics, workload prioritization, operations research, risk analysis, streaming analytics, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, ETL, event log processing, mathematical modeling, graph/network analysis, data visualization, data access, storage and retrieval
- Independently researching statistical techniques and their application to the business
- Monitoring existing predictive models for ongoing efficiency and stability; performing refreshes as necessary.
- Communicating findings and recommendations via written and oral presentations; conveying a clear understanding of business implications.
- Effectively handling data through quality checks and appropriate transformations; expertly and efficiently handling large datasets.
- Documenting activities in an organized manner to facilitate knowledge retention.
- Attending occasional late-night and early-morning calls with colleagues around the world
- Performing other related work as required or requested.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree within a Quantitative Field
- Strong analytical skills to effectively apply statistical methodologies in addressing business challenges
- Predictive modelling and analytics background, either through direct experience, or a relevant degree
- Skilled user of R or Python
- Skilled user of SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn quickly, initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Looker, Tableau, or Periscope (an added advantage)
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, martial status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.greenlightplanet.com/job-postings/#op-199560-statistical-analyst →